We started off the day by going to The Cheese Cake Factory for lunch. Our Grandma and Grandpa Barlow met us there, and we drove our Grandma Martinez.
We then stopped right before the MTC at a near by church, took our family photos and said our goodbyes. After about 10 minutes of lots of loves we drove up the MTC unloaded JJ. He waved us a "see ya later".
ANGIE: Most of this blog is written by Sunnie. She is the talented one, but my heart is so full today
that I felt like I needed to share some feelings of this special day. I am a terrible writer, so
please just know that what I write comes just from my heart.
I'm amazed that I am here. I am finally here. The first time I held JJ in my arms I thought
of this day. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that it would come this fast. How can kelly and I
be at this point in our lives? We have some gray in our hair, we've lost some hair, we've gained some weight, we've gone to the physical therapy for some pains and strains. Even though our bodies are getting older, for some reason I feel like our kids can't. I run around all day to soccer, schools, graduations, sewing lessons, tutoring, young men and young women activities, playgroup, and field trips. For the last 19 years I have changed over a thousand diapers (and still am). I plan my day around nap time and Barney the purple dinosaur. How in the world can I be old enough to be a mother of a MISSIONARY? Elder Martinez... it sounds so smart. It sounds so wonderful, it makes me so very proud, yet it breaks my heart.
I am so grateful that I saw just how much my family loves each other today. Lots of tears were shed, lots of hugs were given and most of all lots of prayers were said for one another. My heart is full with gratitude. I am so thankful for my family and good friends and most of all my Heavenly Father who knows each one of us. A big thanks to all who emailed or called today with warm wishes on this special day. I love you all.








Ang, what a great day for your family! We are so happy for you. You are right. Time does move fast. When I was a "young mom", I heard that all the time. The days were creeping by and I often felt mired in the mundane. And now... the years are moving quickly and the next stage of life is peeking its head around the corner, taunting my mother heart strings.
ReplyDeleteJJ will be a fabulous missionary. I'm sure he'll love where he is serving. My brother served in the same mission. It will be full of adventure, hard work, success, and opportunities to strengthen his testimony. I'm excited your family will get to be a part of it through his e-mails. Love you lots.
Oh Ang! This was such a sweet post. I sure love you and your sweet, awesome, funny and talented family. Love you all!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Kara